RIM has approved Blaq v1.8.5! This is a minor update but here’s what to expect:
- Faster thumbnail load time
- Performance improvements
- Reply All to RT doesn’t list original tweet author first
- Saved search and Trending Topics not loading
- Keyboard doesn’t pop up in portrait on Reply/Reply All
- Cosmetic fixes
We’ll keep it short. We know many have been anticipating the release of Trapeez and it has taken some time to get things of the ground (including sending out beta invites). With that, there is some news we need to deliver, both good and bad.
The bad news
Unforunately, we have to halt development on Trapeez for BlackBerry 7. It is mostly complete but we’re not happy with the compromises our customers would have to make with the application in its current state.
The good news
By taking these actions, we expedite the launch of Trapeez for the BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry 10. Also, this would also allow us to focus on our BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry PlayBook applications (both new and old).
We know this news may not sit well with some of you but it is a difficult choice we had to make.
Thanks for listening!
Blaq for BlackBerry® PlayBook™ has been updated to 1.8.4. This is a maintenance release. Check after the break to find out what’s new. Read more…
Hello update! Glad to see you! Blaq for BlackBerry PlayBook has been updated to 1.8.2. Check after the break to find out what’s new. Read more…
**UPDATE** Version 1.8.1 was released, fixing the removal of ‘Maximize Web View’, as well as issues with launching the application.
We’re happy to announce Blaq for BlackBerry® PlayBook™ 1.8. This is going to be a good one. Hope you guys enjoy it!
- Threaded direct messages – See messages in the convo format you’re used to
- Muting - Mute users, clients (e.g. GetGlue, twitterfeed) and hashtags
- Tweet from multiple accounts at once – tap the avatar next to the compose area to select accounts to tweet from
- Go to user (Swipe down, blue dude)
- Adjustable font size for tweet compose
- Portrait list view
- Portrait search view
- Shows if user is following current user on the tweet card
- Hashtags are automatically appended to replies
- Tweet card hides compose after tweet is sent
- “Tweet from @user” when copying tweet
- Change the location of trending topics
- Unwanted retweets show for users which this is disabled for
- Tweets on tweet card show for retweeter and not original tweeter
- Can’t click on links in lists
- Links, hashtags and user mentions are not clickable in tweet on top of the tweet card
- DM icon shows as new when new DM is sent
- Twitter photos streaming in do not open in-line
- When in search mode, top compose bar doesn’t collapse when tweet card is thrown away
- Placeholder avatar loads when avatar cannot load
- Search list overlaps options menu
- Search results always show “Moments ago” instead of true time
- Profile doesn’t show when there is no convo or link
- Tweet card issues
- Search UI bugs
Show Me the Images, the application that lets you view your email with no compromise, has been updated.
- Better BlackBerry OS 7.1 support – safelist bar and minor fixes
- Updated safelist bar
- Backup and restore fixed (requires SD card)
What would you like to see in Show Me the Images?
Sound off in the comments!
We’re back with an update to Blaq that brings mainly bug fixes and some noteworthy additions. This update should now be available in BlackBerry App World. If you don’t see it, don’t fret. It’ll be available within the next 24 hours. The biggest bug fix is to the stability of real-time streaming. You should notice that it now works more reliably. Let us know if you have any trouble at all.
So, what’s new?
- Read saved searches - You asked for it and it’s here!
- Bit.ly support (Pro coming soon)
- Img.ly support
- Yfrog support
- Twitter photo support
- Klout score on tweet card (configurable)
- View your own profile
- Maximized WebView notifications – Native notifications prompt even when you’re viewing websites within Blaq.
- Cannot insert mention between text when composing a tweet
- Mentions and DMs are not sorted
- Direct message notifications would not show
- Trending topics don’t load
- Some tweet links were untappable or broken
- More stable real-time streaming
- Tweet Card some times does not display (potential)
- Search results scroll performance improved
- When an image upload fails, tweet is still sent
- Minor internal issues
What do you think we should add next? Sound off in the comments below.
It has been an uphill battle but Show Me the Images with BlackBerry 7 support is now up on App World! Show Me the Images displays your email messages in rich clarity, automatically! See emails as they were intended to be seen. Images download automatically based on your safe list, block list or with no restrictions at all!
Go from this:
Try it out today.
We’ve been receiving reports of users being prompted to enter a username and password to “userstream.twitter.com”. We’re still investigating the issue but that doesn’t mean you should suffer as a result. We’ve decided to submit version 1.5.5 to BlackBerry App World to work around the issue until it is fixed.
In some instances, you may not receive real-time updates because the issue has not resolved itself on Twitter’s end. With that said, the application will refresh automatically, every 5 minutes or if you press the refresh icon manually.
Here are some fixes that will come with v1.5.5:
FIXED: User is prompted to login to userstream.twitter.com FIXED: Followers, following and tweets rendering incorrectly FIXED: Application renders incorrectly in portrait mode. An application restart is required to render properly. FIXED: Tweet card doesn't always display FIXED: Toolbar icons shift when flipping device upside down. FIXED: Timelines are scrollable when options menu is showing
Thanks for your patience and support!